11/06/2014

Coming Out: Tautia's Story




I'm a 13 year old lesbian girl. My story starts when I was a 7 year old; I always had a liking for girls but never wanted to admit it to myself because my friends had thought it was wrong and I had thought my family felt the same. By the time I got to 7th grade I had found out a girl liked me (one of my friends). I thought it was weird but being the incredibly nice, never say no, type of person, I said yes. I began to develop feelings for her, extremely. I told my friends and all of them had approved and supported me... But I never told my family.

I am now currently in 8th grade, almost in 9th. Now I have told all 4 of my siblings and my best friend's mom. I thought they would hate me and disown me as a sister or child, but to my surprise they all said: 'I saw it coming since the day you were 6.' I had felt a sudden relief but then I still had to tell my parents.

Never think like I did, always accept who you are even when others don't like who you are. Don't think that your family won't like your decision and hate you, and if they don't support you, well then they obviously aren't family. You are so much more then you may think you are; please know that you mean a lot and you have a successful future ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment